Apad Canada Inc recently opened its first online eBook Publishing Course.. This has been one of the projects Matthew Ogbulafor wanted to do in 2013 – to have a resource center where authors, upcoming authors and book publishers can learn about modern ebook publishing techniques.
The ebook publishing course, hosted at http://www.christlike.ca is available for everyone to access for a subscription fee. It is also an avenue for those in the ministry and clergy to get their materials to the hands of people quickly without going through many bottlenecks and cost related issues.
This is one quote from Matthew regarding eBook Publishing.
If authors do not have ebook versions of their books in this era where everyone -both young and old carry at least a smartphone, a Tablet PC or an e-Reader, then they may have to give their books away for almost free in order to get rid of inventory
The eBook Publishing Course has the following features:
- Hours of online video clips demonstrating step by step the process of creating and publishing eBooks with additional notes
- Tips on how to choose the right title for any ebook
- An template that can be used straight away to create ebooks with ease
- Access to a team of editors and proofreaders (additional fees apply if engaged)
- Tips on how to leverage social media to advertize and market ebooks
- Live Training sessions to resolve any technical issues
- WordPress Basics:- Additional 18 videos on how to install and use WordPress, one of the most widely used website design package.
- Access to online songs and videos to relax.
The online eBook Publishing Course portal will be populated with more materials, new courses focusing on how to market our ebooks.
Learning how to publish eBooks will definitely be beneficial to authors, publishers of traditional books and even those who are looking for a career in online marketing.
Let us start tapping into the millions of Tablet PC, eReaders and Smartphone owners – take advantage of the eBook Publishing Course.
Apad Canada has launched mobile friendly website hub services for new and existing small business owners and entrepreneurs seeking to increase their customer base locally and globally by focusing on mobile phone subscribers who are always on the go.
An example of one of our Mobile Website Hubs used by our client, Talk to LIA is shown below:
Mobile websites: Vital for Business
Having more customer traffic into one’s business is a key to growth and targeting the mobile phone user is a strategic move. Here’s why:
- More people globally are rushing for new smartphones like the iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Blackberry phones and are using them more for Internet surfing and social networking.
- Phones and Tablet PCs are gradually replacing laptops and desktop as the tool to conduct business transactions
- Consumers in developing countries access the web via their phones as a cheaper alternative to laptops
Is your existing website mobile friendly?
Most Websites are NOT mobile friendly. An example of such sites is below
- Site content appears tiny and unreadable.
- Users are forced to zoom into site
- Lots of potential customers will leave site if it is too hard to read or load
- Many consumers are on the go and need bigger icons to work with
Mobile websites: Benefits
Having a mobile friendly website will attract more customers to patronize your services.
- Content is clearly readable from any smartphone.
- Products and Services can be clearly promoted, including service catalogs, coupons, menus.
- One click button to contact business owner (phone, SMS/Text, email)
- Google Maps can be added to guide customers to your locations
- Showcase pictures and videos
- Excellent for creating coupons
- Direct customers via QR codes
In summary, mobile websites will become a necessity for business owners. If any company is looking at increasing their customer base and expanding their services, the mobile friendly website strategy is the way to go.
The Google Nexus 7 Tablet PC has been voted one of the most successful Android Tablet PC to date. However some people ask what can a Nexus 7 do? This article analyzes what this tablet can do and also what we wish it could do.
Runs Applications and Games better: The Nexus 7 tablet PC has one selling feature – its hardware. Equipped with a Quad Core processor, 1GB of RAM and an excellent graphics card, the device is capable of running programs, watching movies and playing games with ease. The operating system, the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Operating System also contributes to the way how this tablet handles applications, especially the way how it supports multitasking and management of applications and files.
Cashless Payment Transactions: Most smartphones and Tablet PCs now support Near Field Communication (NFC) – this will allow users to transfer documents like photos and video clips just by tapping the devices together. New financial transactions also adopt NFC technology for peer to peer cashless money transfer.
Performs Face Unlocking: The Google Nexus Tablet PC allows users to unlock the screen using face recognition techniques. Although this may not be 100% fool-proof – an identical twin can fool it I guess but the face recognition feature enables multiple pictures to be taken either in bright or poor lighting or even when wearing glasses. Other security options available to users also include
Offline GPS Navigation: I love this feature. Google Nexus 7 supports offline navigation thanks to the combination of an in-built GPS and offline Google Maps. This makes it possible to navigate to locations without the use of a WiFi hotspot or a 3G/4G connection. What I do when using my Tablet PC for GPS navigation is to simply enter my routes before leaving the house with WiFi and navigate with the device in the car without any data connection. Works well.
Intelligent Planning: Using Google NOW, the Nexus 7 can determine traffic information to work for instance just before leaving the house and can also display the weather for the day, sports news and other preferences. Google Now works with Google Web History which has to be enabled for better results. It also requires a WiFi connection for it to work.
For more information with regards to what can a Nexus 7 do, please visit my blog on un-boxing the Nexus 7 Tablet PC.